• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

My AntiAging-Cognitive Regimen

Are you a millionaire? I'm familiar with most of the stuff on your regimen, I take SOME of them, but a decent amount of them are not cheap or easy to get. This is by far the most extensive supplement list I have seen posted on this board, so I'm not sure how much feedback you will receive besides 'Holy shit.' I would try posting this on the forums at Immortality Institute or Mind & Muscle

I'm not sure what kind of feedback you're looking for, you've obviously researched it quite a bit since you started supplementing 15 years ago. Different compounds work for some and not for others. To be honest, it kind of seems like a bragging laundry list of supplements. If all of that works for you, that's great, but (not to be bleak) if disease does not kill you, something else will.

That said, I'm a bit jealous of some of the stuff you have access to.

etherdesign said:
Are you a millionaire? I'm familiar with most of the stuff on your regimen, I take SOME of them, but a decent amount of them are not cheap or easy to get. This is by far the most extensive supplement list I have seen posted on this board, so I'm not sure how much feedback you will receive besides 'Holy shit.' I would try posting this on the forums at Immortality Institute or Mind & Muscle

I'm not sure what kind of feedback you're looking for, you've obviously researched it quite a bit since you started supplementing 15 years ago. Different compounds work for some and not for others. To be honest, it kind of seems like a bragging laundry list of supplements. If all of that works for you, that's great, but (not to be bleak) if disease does not kill you, something else will.

That said, I'm a bit jealous of some of the stuff you have access to.

One of the mod's suggested I post this here. Thank you I enjoy experimenting as I've shown by joining this forum.

that's a very impressive list.

Where do you get ALT-711?
why such a lose dose on trans-resveratrol?

Have you considered taking extract of blueberry, cacao, pomegranate, garlic or curcumin?

nitelife said:
that's a very impressive list.

Where do you get ALT-711?
why such a lose dose on trans-resveratrol?

Have you considered taking extract of blueberry, cacao, pomegranate, garlic or curcumin?

From a pharmaceutical company.
Still waiting for human studies.
I get most of that in my multi.

Curcumin is good, I add Turmeric to almost every food I cook.

NP: I mean absolutely no disrespect or offense by this, but a list like this indicates to me an immense insecurity or irrational fear of death. Have you ever considered talking to someone about that?...

You definitely didn't forget anything... your list seems comparable to this product I found while researching brainfood/nootropics it included many of the products on your list in one single pill i believe it was Neuroclear or something like that.

Jamshyd said:
Curcumin is good, I add Turmeric to almost every food I cook.

NP: I mean absolutely no disrespect or offense by this, but a list like this indicates to me an immense insecurity or irrational fear of death. Have you ever considered talking to someone about that?...

Simply doing what I can to extent my life and reduce my risk of death as much as possible. I don't fear death but I certainly have no interest in dying anytime soon.

stonerfromohio said:
You definitely didn't forget anything... your list seems comparable to this product I found while researching brainfood/nootropics it included many of the products on your list in one single pill i believe it was Neuroclear or something like that.

My cocktail as it were is very custom to my needs. I'm not aware of any product containing anything close to it.

NeuronalPerception said:
My cocktail as it were is very custom to my needs. I'm not aware of any product containing anything close to it.

You got that right. You could still get hit by a bus so I don't see the point in taking all that for life extension- life quality enhancement potentially- but life span is not an investment.:\

You could probably sell that concoction. People who might not have the time or knowledge to gather the ingredients themsleves might be interested

Many would consider this stack a bit neurotic, not to mention redundant, and possibly harmful. A lot of this stuff really hasn't been subjected to many long-term barrages. Some of this stuff may synergize in completely unknown ways. You're a MD, so I'm sure you know that to some extent, you're playing with fire and using yourself as a guinea pig, even though much of this stuff has had clinical trials, it hasn't had LONG TERM clinical trials, and with so much stuff you're combining, emergent effects could arise.. Though, my next question is important as well - you know your body best -

I guess I'd like to ask you what you're feeling like? Please be as detailed as possible.

Dreams?
Energy?
Mental agility?
Creativity?
How often do you get sick?

Thanks a lot. This is an interesting stack, regardless... reminds me of Kurzweil's, which some in the nootropic/anti-aging communities also see as overblown. No offense intended by this, by the way.

dubbyah said:
Many would consider this stack a bit neurotic, not to mention redundant, and possibly harmful. A lot of this stuff really hasn't been subjected to many long-term barrages. Some of this stuff may synergize in completely unknown ways. You're a MD, so I'm sure you know that to some extent, you're playing with fire and using yourself as a guinea pig, even though much of this stuff has had clinical trials, it hasn't had LONG TERM clinical trials, and with so much stuff you're combining, emergent effects could arise.. Though, my next question is important as well - you know your body best -

I guess I'd like to ask you what you're feeling like? Please be as detailed as possible.

Dreams?
Energy?
Mental agility?
Creativity?
How often do you get sick?

Thanks a lot. This is an interesting stack, regardless... reminds me of Kurzweil's, which some in the nootropic/anti-aging communities also see as overblown. No offense intended by this, by the way.

Only people who don't have an intelligent understanding of pharmaceuticals, nutrition, aging, and disease would view it as (neurotic, not to mention redundant, and possibly harmful.) No offend intended.

There is little difference in the unknowns of eating various foods (which contains 100s of still unknown or ill researched compounds) versus taking an array of supplements/drugs that are clinically or researched to be proven safe to a reasonable degree in my opinion. I fully understand to the best of all available research how each compound works and their interactions. Blood testing has played an vital role in ensuring safety and effectiveness of the compounds I take.

How I feel is irrelevant as each person is different. Generally I feel fine and have no health issues.

Well given that this is a stack containing many cognitive supplements and nootropics, I'd say how you feel is relevant to me and probably many people reading your posts - each person is different, yes, but I'm interested to know what you think of your own memory, energy, clarity, and creativity. That's what a large number of the things you take are supposed to affect. So even though everyone is different, how are they affecting you in such a way? (I am keeping in mind that they won't affect all people this way, of course)

Unnecessary.

Vigorous aerobic and anaerobic exercise
meditation
diet
piracetam daily
choline donation daily
multivitamin
creatine
injectable B-complex
psychedelics once a month

You're good to go.

samadhi_smiles said:
Unnecessary.

Vigorous aerobic and anaerobic exercise
meditation
diet
piracetam daily
choline donation daily
multivitamin
creatine
injectable B-complex
psychedelics once a month

You're good to go.

Unnecessary if don't want to inhibit/reverse/slow several factors of aging and disease.
Psychedelics and injecting any compound is unnecessary by healthy adults.

I would be surprised if your life was not shortened by the consumption of so many chemicals. Doctors have a hard time telling the polypharmaceutical reaction between 2 or 3 compounds, let alone 40. You also have a large amount of protein in your diet; minimal protein consumption enchances mouse lifespan (whereas restriction of fat or carbohydrates does not).

Biphasic said:
I would be surprised if your life was not shortened by the consumption of so many chemicals. Doctors have a hard time telling the polypharmaceutical reaction between 2 or 3 compounds, let alone 40. You also have a large amount of protein in your diet; minimal protein consumption enchances mouse lifespan (whereas restriction of fat or carbohydrates does not).

I practice CR which will extend my lifespan. You don't know the amounts of protein I consume daily.

Considering the fact that without these chemicals I will die and suffer various diseases I would rather take a slight risk than not. I fully understand the reactions of everything I take based on all available research. Your general statement that doctors can't understand multiple reactions is flawed.

NeuronalPerception said:
Considering the fact that without these chemicals I will die and suffer various diseases I would rather take a slight risk than not.
What?8o How do you figure this? I'm sorry but this statement makes absolutely no sense.
You didn't start taking these drugs from the very first day you were born, and you were obviously able to live without them for some time I imagine.

Well alot of them come with a good diet anyways. But all things are impermanent, so death is inevitable despite the best diet and nutritional supplement plan. But I do agree in the principle of living as well as possible- and nutrtional supplements may decrease the onset of wasting diseases which lead to a long drawn out death. Better to live right up until the body shuts down all at once.